Friday, June 20, 2025

2TIMOTHY Chapter 1

Introduction

Apostle Paul wrote the second letter to Timothy around AD 66 from prison at Rome after his first defense before Nero. Paul encouraged Timothy to be steadfast like a soldier, an athlete and a farmer who will be rewarded. He also warned him against false teachers and invited him to come over to Rome.


2 Tim 1

Hold on to the Grace 

1 Paul, an Apostle of Christ Jesus, through the determination of God, according to the Promise of Zoe-Life in Christ Jesus,

2 Peace with the FATHER God, and Mercy and Grace from our Lord, Jesus Christ be to Timothy, a beloved son: 

3 by holding on to the Grace from God, WHOM our ancestors worship in pure co-perception; I have remembrance of you in my supplications, as without omissions, day and night;

4 at least, as I remember you (with) tears, I yearn to see you, to be fully-filled with joy.

Faith as a legacy for Timothy

5 A reminder of the sincere Faith in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois, and your mother, Eunice (well victorious-euniko); and I am convinced that it is also taken in you.

6  A reason through which, I am reminding you, to rekindle the divine gift (charisma) of God, which is in you through the laying of my hands.

7 For, God has given us the SPIRIT, not for cowardice/timidity, but for mighty deeds, for selfless-Love and for discipline/moderation.

Do not be wearied or ashamed of the Gospel 

8 Therefore, I am not ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, not even of myself, being a prisoner; but for sharing together in His suffering for the good-news/gospel (which is) according to the mighty-works of God;

9 WHO saves and calls me forth as holy saint by an invitation, not according to my works prior to the space of time, but by GRACE (charin) given to me in Christ Jesus for eternity, according to HIS OWN proposal/purpose, 

10 Moreover, through the appearing of our Savior, Jesus Christ, Who shine light through the gospel and indeed render death useless, zoe-Life and incorruptibility (immortality) has manifested now. 

11 unto which I am ordained, a Preacher and an Apostle, and a Teacher [even to heathen nations]. 

12 a reason through which, I have suffered for these things but not ashamed, because I know Whom I believe, and I am persuaded that I am able to keep the committed legacy unto His day. 

Preserve the legacy/the show-case of Faith, by the SPIRIT 

13 hold on to Faith and the pattern of sound/healthy words, which you have heard from me, in SELFLESS-LOVE (which is), in Christ Jesus.

14 Preserve the virtuous legacy/deposit, through the Holy SPIRIT, WHO is dwelling in us.

Good-doers will be commended and wrong-doers will be noted

15 You are aware of this, that all who are born of hermes (greek-god/Hemogenes) and Phygelus (storm/fugitives) in Asia, have averted/turned away from me.

16 The Lord gives mercy to the household of Onesiphorus (profit bearer), for many times, he has refreshed me, and not ashamed of my chain;

17 who on the contrary, happens to be in Rome, to most importantly, seek and find me.

18 The Lord gives him mercy, even to be found with the Lord in that day. Even, you know, as much as he ministered very well in Ephesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Job Chapter 1

Introduction :  The Book of Job is a historical-story, corroborated by a Revelation of what took place in heaven, and given to whosoever was...