Thursday, June 19, 2025

Philippians Chapter 1

 Introduction 

Phillipians letter was written by Paul from prison in Rome about AD 60-61. Phillippi is an important city in Macedonia, and this section of church was founded by Paul in response to a vision given to him in Act 16:9-40. Apostle Paul remembered their generosity for the needs of the saints in Jerusalem, during famine and how Epaphroditus, who was one of the church members (Phillip 4:10-18), brought the gifts to him.

It is also a letter to a group of Christians who were specially close to the heart of Paul (2 Corinthians 8:1-6), up and doing in good deeds and comparatively, of little or no doctrinal error.



Philip 1

Paul commended the Church in Phillipi

1. Paul and Timothy (dear to God), the servants of Christ Jesus; to all the holy ones in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi (a place in Macedonia), together with the Overseers/bishops and Deacons:

2. Peace with God the FATHER and Grace from our the Lord Jesus Christ be unto you.

3. I am very grateful to God, upon your remembrance of everything which is of me.

4. The petition in all my supplication is always with joy for all things you have done;

5. upon your partnership unto the good message (Gospel), away from the first day until now.

6 and being persuaded of Christ Jesus, you have begun this good work, that will be completely accomplished by you, until His day.

7 Just as it is, to be Righteous for everybody, you have exercised mind on affirmation/confirmation of these gospel and you have been my co-participants throughout, even in my plea/defense, for the sake of the Grace to all (nations), and in addition, you have me in your heart even in my chain.

Three Prayer points of Paul: for full discernment, excellence and fruits of Justification. 

8. No doubt, I, a Witness/martyr of Jesus to everybody, and as (it is) in the bowel (visceral) of the Christ of God, I yearn/crave after you.

9. And I still make this prayers, for your SELFLESS-LOVE to be much more: (that) your full discernment and ability to be sensitive will at least increase,

10. - that, as you are being tested/tried as genuine, you will at least stand out/be excellent, and be blameless unto the day of Christ.

11. - that, you will fulfill the FRUITS of JUSTIFICATION through Jesus Christ, unto the Glory and Praise of God.

Paul recommended everyone to evangelize the truth of selfless-LOVE anyhow.

12. Brethren, I wish, that you also know, that things against me, have rather come unto the progress of the gospel.

13. In so much that by my chains, Christ has become openly manifest among all people of the Praetorium (Jewish Palace/Governor's court-room) and all the remaining ones.

14 even greater part of brethren, in the Lord are exceedingly persuaded (by) my chains, to dare preach the words of God fearlessly.

15. some indeed proclaim Christ, even through envy and contention, and some also through a good-will.

**16. and out from those who are lying outstretched, are those who know that the plea/defense for the gospel should indeed be unto SELFLESS-LOVE (agape);

**17. however, those who are unto rivalry/strife, are not honestly proclaiming Christ. Imagine them waking up the sorrow of my chains.

18. For, whether with ulterior-motive/pretext; why should I even rejoice in that? But, in addition if, by the Truth, I will rejoice that Christ is proclaimed to everybody, notwithstanding the mode/style.

Life lived in Christ with fruits is the only useful life lived

19 For I'm aware that, by your prayer for me, and the sponsorship/support of the SPIRIT; this will turn out unto salvation through Jesus Christ.

20 and according to my pleasurable hope and intense expectations, by boldness to everybody, whether on account of Zoe-Life in my body, I will make great/magnify Christ, as always, and even now, but whether on account of death, I am not ashamed in anything.

21. For Christ has died and lived-on for my profit/gain. 

22. However, I prefer to live-on in the flesh with the fruits of my work. And oh! What of, if that was not to be made known?

23. Moreover, having analyzed out of two things: I am more better to hold-on unto things of Christ than to be pre-occupied/be held up together with very many longings/lusts.

24. However, it is needful to remain in the flesh, on account of you.

25. Even to persuade you on these things, I'm aware that I should abide and stay near unto the progress/advancement of your Faith and Joy of everybody.

26. At least my boasting through you in Christ Jesus will super-increase again, by my return towards you.

Strive together, even in the face of persecution to live and win souls for Christ 

27. Only be civil/behave as a citizen, which is worthy of the gospel, at least, whether I have come to see you or whether I am absent, I would hear things concerning you, that you stand fast by One SPIRIT, competing together for souls with the good news (gospel) of Faith unto One Christ (Eph 4:5);

28. And never be frightened by anything under those opposing this thing, which is an indication/index of their destruction; however, your salvation is from God.

29 because, you are granted grace for the sake of Christ, not only to have Faith unto Him, but even to suffer for His sake.

30. and to have the same struggles (agony), such as you have seen in me, and heard in me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Isaiah 1

ISAIAH (Jah saves- Yesha Yah yesha yahu ) Introduction: Isaiah was a Prophet, Seer and a gospel preacher before gospel was actualized. His n...