Rev 2
Letters to seven churches in Asia minor by John.
Ephesus Church were commended but should do more on selfless-love
1 Write to the Messenger to the church in Ephesus: These things says the One holding the seven stars in His Right Hand, Who is walking in the middle of the seven golden-lamp-stands:
2 I am aware of your efforts and weariness and your cheerful endurance, in that, you did not lift up the worthless things; and you are able to test those who called themselves apostles but were not, and you find out they were false;
3 and through having cheerful-endurance, you have lifted up My name and never get wearied.
4 But, to be held against you is that, you have left your first AGAPE LOVE.
5 Therefore, remember from where you have fallen, and repent, and do the foremost of the work. if not, however, I am coming to you, and I will move your lamp-stands out of its place, in case you do not repent.
6 but, a thing you hold on to, that you should hate, is those works of Nicolaitans (idea of keeping Judaism concepts in Christianity), which, even I, hate. (Act 6:5, Rev 2:15, Hate what God hate).
7 those who will hold on to it, will hear what the SPIRIT has said to the ears of the church. Those who will prevail over them, will be given, to eat out of the tree of zoe-Life, which is in the Paradise (place of future happiness) of God.
Smyrna Church were about to be persecuted
8 Write the Messenger unto the church in Smyrna: these things says the Foremost in rank and even to the latter end, Who happened to be dead but is alive:
9 I am aware of your poverty - but you are wealthy - even the blasphemy and afflictions of those who are calling themselves Jews, and they are not; but are assembly of people (synagogue) of satan.
10 do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, devil is about to cast out of you into prison, at least you will be tested and have afflictions for ten days. Be faithful up to death, and I will give you Crown of Zoe-Life.
11 Those who will hold on to it, will hear what the SPIRIT says to the ears of the church. Those, who overcome will not be hurt by the second death.
Pergamus church was in a very difficult terrain and encouraged not compromise
12 Write even the messenger unto the church in Pergamum: these things says the One having a swift double mouthed long-sword:
13 I am aware of where you dwell, where there will be a throne for satan; and you hold fast to My Name, and never deny Faith unto Me, and besides, in the days of Antipas who is of satan (an evil son of Herod); My witnesses (martyrs) and My believers were killed where you dwelled.
14 But I have a few things against you; for there with you, are those who lay hold on teachings of eating food offered to idols (as) Balaam taught Balak, who cast snares/scandals before the children of Israel to act harlotry (greediness).
15 and you likewise, have those who similarly lay hold on the teachings of Nicolaitans (proselytes ideology) (Rev:2:6)
16 Therefore, repent! if not, however, I am coming to you quickly, and will make war with them by the sword of My mouth.
17 Those who will hold on to it will hear, what the SPIRIT says to the ears of the churches. I will give those who overcome, what a hidden food of reference (mna or manna); and to them will be given, a white pepple (ticket of admission), even with a new-age name written upon the pebble, which no one knows, if not those receiving it.
Thyatira church were caring but corrupted with money
18 Write even the Messenger unto the church in Thyatira: these things says the Son of God, Who has His eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet similar in appearance to burnished-fine bronze (brass).
19 I am aware of your Faith and cheerful-endurance, your deeds of selfless-love and relief-services; and your works at latter end shall be more excellent than the first ones.
20 But to be held against you is that, you leave the woman, who called herself prophetess, deceiving you to eat things offered to idols (as) Jezebel taught Mine own servants to act harlotry (greediness/stinginess)
21 a space of time will be given to her, at least to repent, but will choose not to repent from her harlotry,
22 Behold, I will throw her into a (sick)-bed, and those committing adultery with her into great afflictions, in case they would not repent from their deeds.
23 and her children will be destroyed in death; even all the churches will know, that I am the One who search out the inner-most part (kidney) and the heart; and will give each of you according to your deeds.
24 However, tell the rest of you in Thyatira, as many that do not hold on to this thing of satan; who had not known the depth of the teachings, like saying; "no burden/need of others should be cast upon you" -
25 - who until (I) come here, notwithstanding, you will possibly be seizing what you have. (stinginess)
26 And to them who overcome, and preserve My works (of love), till the ultimate end, will I give the authority upon heathen-nations,
27 And they will shepherd them by staff of iron, as though, to crush clayey-equipments, and as even I have received it from My FATHER. (Ps 2:9)
28 and stars will be given to them by the morning.
29 Those who will hold on to it, will hear what the SPIRIT has said, to the ears of the Churches.
No comments:
Post a Comment