Friday, June 20, 2025

Solomon Chapter 5

Solomon 5

Solomon continues... (he seems to be hallucinating about her bride's uncle

1 I will go to the garden of my Bride's Sister, and to be laid visible, are the myrrh and the balsam plants (spices), and to eat honey from the forest and drink milk, as associates/friends will eat and drink till intoxicated with wine of her Uncle. 

2 Though asleep, I am awakened by the voice of her Uncle is like knocking my heart with a blunt-fragment/sherd. I am to open to my pious Dove, her sisters and her girl's guild. Their head must have been replenished/filled with dew of the night. 

3 I have put off  my shirt, how would I put it on? I have bathed, how could my feet be soiled. 

4 the hand of her Uncle is by the (door)cavity/hole, so, a loud sound was sent out from my bowel, 

5 and I rise up to open the (door)bolt for the Uncle to pass, as myrrh dripped/oozed in his palm, even the myrrh in the fingers of his hand, 

6 as I open it for her Uncle to pass, he has withdrawn/become elusive. What an Uncle! I called out, if anyone will answer. I go forth to seek after a soul, if anyone would speak/rehearse to have found him. 

7 those who watch all round the city, and the guards on the wall, should find him if he is wounded. They should lift up the spread-sheets/thin sheet of metal, if anyone has smitten him. 

The king also suspect atrocity from his bride's rivals and highlight the qualities of the Uncle to them.

8 swear to me, oh you daughter of Jerusalem, if you find her Uncle, boldly declare to me, for I am sick because of love. 

9 Where is her Uncle, because this Uncle is handsome even to women? So, you should swear on oath in this case of her Uncle, even this very Uncle.

10 her Uncle is a ruddy person, like a fresh/bright flag among ten thousands, 

11 the curly hair/tress of his head is like black raven, a golden stain/spot within thorns.

12 and his eyes is as that of doves. I would be sitting down by his fullness of milk and bath in his channel of water.

13 As I pass across Magdala (tower, near Galilee sea), my cheek and lips are yearning/longing for his spicy-herbs mixture and, things oozing out of his myrrh and spices/balsam and lilies.

14 I become languid/lost vitality in gold and ivory and sapphire, finished/done in Tarshish, and even in replenishing  my hands with grains/kernels from Galilee (southern Lebanon);

15 the market of Lebanon are of cedar-trees, its pillars are set/founded on the basis of chosen golden materials and the view/appearance is like fine bleached marble. 

16 this will be as sweet to the palate of my mouth. This Uncle is a delightful/lovely friend, oh you daughters of Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Job Chapter 1

Introduction :  The Book of Job is a historical-story, corroborated by a Revelation of what took place in heaven, and given to whosoever was...