Thursday, June 19, 2025

Philippians Chapter 4

Philip 4

Be united

1. My beloved Brethren, stand firm in lord likewise. My Beloved, to be desired/coveted is our crown and joy.

2. Exhort Eurodias (fine traveling fragrance) and Syntyche (fortunate together) to exercise mind on the Lord, in Him, they will be encouraged.

3. Yes, I ask you, to capture/seize them, my legitimate/genuine co-yoked/colleagues, some of who, in the gospel strive together with me; even Clement (merciful), and the remaining of my co-labourers, whose names are in the Book of Zoe-Life.

Be joyful 

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say, rejoice!

5. The Supreme Lord knows you, HE is near to men and is reasonable/fair/lenient to everybody.

Say No to worry, but pray and worship

6. be anxious on nothing, but in all oratory-prayer and petitions, with grateful languages (to God as an act of worship), make your requests known towards God.

7. And guard your heart, by the value/meaning/sense (noemata) of "Peace with God", in Christ Jesus, which surpasses/is superior to all your (own) values/meaning/perception (of it).

Meditate on these noemata (Christians "values" for a meaningful life) 

8 Brethren, the remaining thing is, as long as a thing is True, as long as it is modest/venerable, as long as it is righteous/fair, as long as it is clean/pure, as long as it is endearing/towards friendliness, as long as it is of good reputation; if anything is of quality/virtue/genius, if anything is of laudation; reckon/take record of those things.

9. And those things which you have heard and learnt (in any way) and clearly discerned in me, habitually practice these things; and the Peace of God will be with you.

Paul commended Phillipian's good works again

10. I greatly rejoice in the Lord, that, in time past and even now, you mind/care for me to flourish, upon which some have exercised mind, but lack opportunity.

11. I do not speak with respect to lack; for I have learnt to be self-sufficient/contented, among who what I am. 

12. I am aware of those who are depressed and I am also aware of those who super-abound in everything. And I have initiated/secretly-taught among everybody, to supply enough to those who are lacking and hungry, even (for them) to super-abound.

13. I exercise strength in empowering everybody.

14. Nevertheless, you have done well, to be co-partakers in my afflictions.

15. And I know you, the Philippians, because in the early stages of the gospel, while I proceeded out from Macedonia, not even one church shared with me on the matter unto giving and receiving, if not you alone.

16. Because even at one time (I was) in Thessalonica (a place in Asia minor), you dispatch even twice unto my needs/affairs.

17. Not that I seek for the gifts, but, I seek after you to do more unto the fruits of the words. 

18. Moreover, having fully received everything and super-abound; I'm fulfilled, having accepted the things alongside Epaphroditus; it is (like) a sweet fragrant smell of animal-sacrifice, acceptable and well pleasing to God from you.

19. Moreover, you will be fulfilled on all your needs/affairs according to the riches/wealth in Christ Jesus to us, and even in Him is the Glory of God.

20. To God and our FATHER be the Glory from ages unto ages. Amen.

Salutation and blessing 

21. Salute all the holy ones in Christ Jesus. The brethren with me greet you.

22. All the Holy ones greet you, especially from the household of Ceasar (title of Roman Emperor). 

23. The Spirit of Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Job Chapter 1

Introduction :  The Book of Job is a historical-story, corroborated by a Revelation of what took place in heaven, and given to whosoever was...