Thursday, June 19, 2025

Galatian Chapter 2

Gal 2

Paul returned to Jerusalem again about 14 years after his encounter with Christ and circumcision was not forced on them by other Apostles

1 Thereafter, amid fourteen years, I went up to Jerusalem again through BarNabas (a son by prophecy), who also took Titus along. 

2 Moreover, I went up, according to (my) revelation, to set the Gospel, which I proclaimed within the heathen-races before them - having thought on my own, how much I would have run, or not to have run unto vanity.

3 on the contrary, not even Titus, who was together with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised.

4 Moreover, through false -brethren, who stealthily-intrude, to spy out our freedom which we have in Christ Jesus, smuggled things in, at least to enslave us;

5 to whom, you should not even yield a subjection for an hour, at least, for the Truth of the gospel to continue to abide towards you.

6 however, no man who think to be somebody, of what kind of face he is, make no difference to me at any time. For as I have received from God, no person should think, he should be additionally-consulted.

7 But, it has been discerned by Peter, that, the gospel to those of circumcision shall, on the other hand,  be believed by the uncircumcised ones.

8 because, the One Who is energetic in Peter, unto Apostleship to the circumcised, is also energetic in me unto the heathen-nations -

9 And having absolutely known the Grace given to me; James and Cephas (Peter) and John, who are the posts/pillars, think of giving me and Barnabas, a Right-hand fellowship/partnership, at least, to us who are unto the heathen-nations; as though, they are unto the circumcised.

10 only to at least remember the poor, and this thing is what they are eager to do.

Paul openly withstand caprices of Peter: if you will catch monkey you will do like one. 

11 but, when Peter came unto Antioch (in Syria), I oppose him, against his face, because, he was found with fault.

12 because, before certain persons came from James, he was eating together with the heathen people; but when they came, he withdrew himself and set off a boundary, being afraid of those of circumcision.

13 And, he acted hypocritically even with the remaining Jews, in so much that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.

14 But when I am aware that they are not walking uprightly, towards the Truth of the gospel, I told Peter before everybody, if you, being a subsisting-Leader of the Jew, lived Judaically and not like a heathen race, how will you compel the heathen-nations to live like the Jews (be judaized)?

Justification is never achieved through the law of Moses except by Faith in Christ

15 We, who are lineal-descent of Jews and are not from the sinful heathen-nations, - 

16 - have known that, a man could not be justified from the works of (Moses) law, except through Faith unto Christ. So, we have Faith unto Christ Jesus, at least to be justified from Faith unto Christ, and not from the works of law; for, no flesh shall be justified from all the works of the law.

Justification is never a license to sin

17 but, if sin is also found in them, who seek to be justified in Christ, Ara (heartfelt pain lifted to heaven), are deacons/ministers of Christ sinners? It will never happen!

Paul declared, "no going back" on his style of gospel.

18 no doubt, if I build again, those things which I have demolished, I will be introducing myself as a violator.

19 because, I, who would have died off, through (Moses) law,  I am at least living on, by the law of God.

Under law of Moses, man will eventually die off , despite the fact that, it recognized Jubilee through  grace (Lev 24:40, Num 36:4, Neh 5) 

20 Moreover, those (two) who were crucified together (systauromai) with Christ, no longer live in the flesh (Matt 17:28, Jh 19:18). However, we, who live now, and are living by Faith are sons of God, in Christ Who selflessly loves us and surrenders Himself for us.

21 Ara (a heartfelt cry, lifted to heaven), if I would have died off, by (Moses) law, which did NOT diseteem/set aside grace; no doubt, Justification of God is a gift/is by gratis, through Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Job Chapter 1

Introduction :  The Book of Job is a historical-story, corroborated by a Revelation of what took place in heaven, and given to whosoever was...