1Cor 16
Givings to the Saints in Jerusalem
1 Moreover, about the contribution unto the holy saints, just as I directed the churches in Galatia (in Asia), even you should do likewise.
2 at least, for the collection not to happen when coming, on dayi-one of Sabbath week (Sunday), each of you, from his own (possession), should be laying up (titheto) what in case will be treasured up to have prosperous jouney/to succeed at the time.
3 Also whenever the letter arrives, whoever in case you have tested/approved to dispatch should carry those things away unto Jerusalem. It is by reason of Grace.
4 However, in case it is worthy for even me to go, they are to travel together with me.
Paul plan his evangelical journey to reach Jerusalem.
5 so, whenever you are going, pass through Macedonia; because I will be traveling towards Macedonia.
6 Moreover, I will effect things to stay with you, or even to stay over for the rainy season (winter), at least, you will assist in my journey, to wherever in case, I will go.
7 for, I don't want to pass (by land) to see you at present; for I hope to tarry a certain space of time with you, in case the Lord permits.
8 But, I will tarry in Ephesus until Pentecost (fiftieth day from passover).
9 No doubt, a great and efficient door has opened-up to me, and many are opposing it.
10 but in case Timothy comes, take heed, at least (for him) to become fearless towards you, because he is doing the work of the Lord also, like me.
11 therefore, no person should despise him, but aid his journey, at least to come to me in peace; no doubt I am expecting him, with the brethren.
12 Also concerning brother Apollos, I beseech him very much, at least to come to you with the brethren; and it is not the desire of everybody at least (for him) to come now; however, he will come when he has good time.
Final exhortation
13 Keep awake/be watchful, stand fast in Faith, act manly (andrizomai), be empowered.
14 selfless-Love for everybody should come into being among you.
15 Moreover, I exhort you, brethren, you know Stephanas households, because, they are the first-Fruit in ACHAIA (Greece in Europe) and have assigned themselves unto service to the saints,
16 at least, you are to be submissive even to such ones and to all who are fellow-workers and are working hard.
17 I will also rejoice upon the return of Stephanas (crowned), Fortunatus, and Achaicus; because these ones will fill up deficiencies pertaining to you.
18 therefore, you should fully recognize such ones of mine, because by the SPIRIT, your will be refreshed.
Greetings
19 The churches of Asia (Asia western shore) greet you. Aquila and Prisca together with the church in their house, greet you very much in the Lord.
20 All the brethren greet you. Embrace one another (as) in a kiss of holy things (e.g Mezuzah)
21 Greetings of Paul is by my own hands.
22 If anyone does not like things of the Lord, he is to be anathema Maran-atha! (what an excommunicated person, as our master comes)
23 The Grace of the Lord Jesus be with you.
24 My selfless-Love be with you all, in Christ Jesus. +Amen.+
(The first Epistle to Corinthians was written from Philippi through Stephanas (crowned), Fortunatus, and Achaicus and Timothy)
No comments:
Post a Comment