1Cor 4
See us as who we are: we are gift of men
1 Men should likewise reckon us, (as) the subordinate officers (constables) of Christ and managers (distributors) of the Mysteries of God.
2 here is the remaining thing, something to seek after in a manager/steward, at least, he should be found faithful/trustworthy.
3 Moreover, to me, a day is very small, at least, to be interrogated under you, or under human (setting), but never (for me) to scrutinize myself.
4 I am conscious of nothing on this thing, but I am not to scrutinize myself, however, who will justify me is the Lord.
Judge no one now, and never puff up
5 therefore, do not judge anyone before the set-time, until possibly, the coming of the Lord, who will shed light even on the secret things in darkness, and make the will/volition of the hearts manifest; and then, the laudation/praise to each person will happen to be from God.
Learn in us
6 Moreover, Brethren, I transform/apply this thing unto myself and Apollos, because of you, at least to learn in us, and not over what was written; at least, never should one person for the sake of one thing, puff-up/exaggerate with respect to the other.
7 for, who are you to thoroughly dissect/distinguish? Also, what do you have, which you have not received? And howbeit, if you receive it, why boasting as though it was not received?
Paul caution excesses of Corinthians church: Appear foolish to save souls for Christ's sake
8 You have been satiated/glutted already; and now become wealthy, to reign/rule separately apart from me; and I really wish you are reigning, at least, I would have been reigning together with you also
9 for I think, at the latter end, we, the Apostles of God are to be demonstrated/exhibited as though being at the point of death, on a theater-show to the world, because we become messengers to men.
10 We are stupid because of Christ, but you are smart/thoughtful in Christ; we are weak, but you are strong; you are in glory, but we are without honour.
11 and until the present hour, we are hungry and thirsty and we lack wears and being buffeted, even wandering about homelessly (non-stationary),
12 we work hard, engaged in trade with our own hands, we bless those who reproach, we endure those who persecute,
13 to defamation, we are encouraged, we become like refuse to all people, like dirty things to the world, till now.
Paul exemplifies his fatherly care to the church as example to imitate
14 I do not write this to discourage you, but to admonish you as my beloved children.
15 for, in case, you have myriads of pedagogue (tutors/ducators) in Christ, but not many are like fathers; for, in Christ Jesus, I begot you through the gospel.
16 therefore, I exhort you to become my imitators.
17 by this reason, I will dispatch Timothy to you, who is my faithful and beloved child in the Lord, who will remind you, our ways in Christ Jesus, just as we have taught in all churches universally.
18 as I will not be coming toward you, howbeit, for those who are puffing up/exaggerating certain things;
19 however, I will also come quickly towards you, in case the Supreme Lord desire. But, those who don't know of the Power (dunamis) are the ones puffing up/exaggerating words.
20 for, the kingdom of God is not by words but by instrumentality of Miraculous-POWER.
21 Should I come to you with rod/cudgel or rather by selfless-Love, and even in the SPIRIT of meekness? what do you want?
No comments:
Post a Comment