Thursday, June 19, 2025

1COR Chapter 9

1Cor 9

Paul exemplifies how self-denial will  save souls for Christ sake

1 Am I not a free-ctizen? Am I not an Apostle? Have I not indeed clearly discern Jesus our Lord? Are you not of the Lord by my labour/work?

2 if I am not an Apostle to others, but at least, to you, I am; and for you to be in the Lord, is a stamp/seal of genuineness of my apostleship.

3 this is my defense to those who will scrutinize me:

4 don't I have authority to eat and drink at all?

5 don't I have authority at all, to go around with sister and wives as the remaining Apostles, (like) brothers of the Lord (James and Judah) and Cephas (Peter)? 

6 Or is it only me and BarNabas, who do NOT have authority, NOT to labour? (always toiling)

How Christians ministers get remunerated: it is never by one tenth

7 Who goes to serve at any time in a military campaign at his own expense? Who plant a vineyard and do not eat of its fruits? Or who shepherd a flock, and do not consume out of the milk of the flock? (Ex 32:6)

8 did I preach these things according to men? No. Or was this thing not also said in the law? 

9 for, it is written in the law of Moses, never muzzle (tie the mouth of) an ox, that is threshing out grains (Deut 25:4). Are oxen of interest to God? No.

10 Or was it entirely spoken because of us? For, it is written because of us, that, those who plough ought to plough upon hope, and those threshing/treading out corns, should partake upon hope.

11 if we have sown spiritual things to you, is it a great thing, if we reap your material things/things of the flesh? (Rom15:27)

12 if others, by authority partake of things from you, should it not be more for us? But we did not use this authority. We roof-over/cover up/accommodate everything, but, at least, not to give any hindrance, to the gospel of Christ.

13 are you not aware that, those who work by the temple, eat out of the holy things; and those waiting upon the altar, jointly share of the things of the altar?

14 And the Lord likewise arranges for those preaching the gospel, to live by the things from the gospel.

15 but, I have not used/employed any of this, and I am not writing in this way, at least, for this thing to come into being for me; for, it is virtuous for me to rather die, than for anything to make my boasting void.

16 for, it will be a sorry case for me, in case I have not been preaching the gospel, and there will be nothing of boasting for me. So, in case I have been preaching the gospel, it is because necessity rest upon me.

17 for, if I practising this thing willingly, I have wages/rewards; but if unwillingly and you have faith unto the stewardship/administration;

18  to have over-used/abused my authority unto the gospel, at least, I am not positioned to evangelize without charge: what then would have been my reward in the gospel?

A servant leader

19 because, being free (as a citizen) from all things, I become a servant to everybody, by myself at least to gain/win more in number. 

20 And I became to the Jews, like a Jew, at least to win the Jews; even to those under the law, as though under the law, at least to win those under the law, for them not to be under the law (again). 

21 To those who are not subjected to Jewish law, as though I am not subjected to the law, but never am I lawless to God, at least to win those who are not subjected to Jewish law, even to be subjected to law of Christ.

22 I became weak, to the weak ones, at least to gain the weak ones. I became all things to everybody, at least, to save some persons by all means.

23 Moreover, I do all things, because of the gospel, at least for them to become co-participants. 

Christians as athlete on a stadia-race

24 are you not aware, that for those running in a race-course/stadia, all are running indeed? but the prize will be received by one. Run in this way, at least to eagerly receive it.

25 Moreso, all those ones then, who indeed contend, will exercise self-discipline/mastery in everything, at least to receive corruptible crown, but, we, the incorruptible.

26 Therefore, I, run, this way, not as being uncertain/unclear; I combat with fist, this way, not like beating the air.

27 But, like striking under the eye, I bring my body into subjection, not how others proclaim the same (gospel), and become unapproved/disqualified.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Job Chapter 1

Introduction :  The Book of Job is a historical-story, corroborated by a Revelation of what took place in heaven, and given to whosoever was...