2 Cor 7
Live right for the sake of the awaiting promises
1 Therefore, for having those promises, Beloved; cleanse yourselves from all filthiness of the flesh in reverence to God and the SPIRIT shall completely fulfill the holiness qualities (hagio synen) (for you)
2 having given us space (admitted us); we did no-one wrong, we have corrupted no one, we have defrauded no one.
3 I am not speaking towards condemnation; for I have said it before, that you are in our hearts, even unto dying together and living together.
4 so much is my boldness towards you, my boasting for your sake is much; my comfort is fulfilled, and my joy exceedingly increased upon all the afflictions.
5 for, having come to Macedonia, not even one person of us had rest; but we are troubled in all (sides), battle outside/externally, fear within our flesh.
6 But God WHO comforts the depressed, encouraged us, by the coming of Titus,
7 Also, not only by his coming, but even in the comfort which we are comforted upon you; as he declare to us, your longings, your Lamentation (for sin), your zeal for my sake; in so much that I rather rejoice more.
Feeling sorry for sin is a sign of repentance and irrevocable salvation
8 For, even if I had grieved you in the letter, there is nothing to regret because even if for an hour, you are made to feel sorry. And if I look at that same letter, I had also regretted.
9 Now I rejoice, not because you were grieved, but because you were grieved unto repentance; no doubt, you were made sorry with respect to God, at least, in nothing were you hurt/experience loss from us.
10 for, a grief with respect to God unto repentance work irrevocable salvation; but the grief of the world, fully-work-out death.
11 for you, to have been grieved by these same thing with respect to God, behold, how much of diligence/eagerness, it has accomplished for you? But, what an alarm (being put in fear), but, what an indignation, but what a self-defence (apology), but, what a vindication/getting justice, but what a longing, but, what a zeal! In all these things, you have introduced/exhibited yourselves to be innocent/clean in the matter (pragmati)
12 but, I have written to you, even if it was neither because of (a person) who have done wrong, nor because of you, being wronged/hurt, but, Ara (a heartfelt decision lifted to heaven) because of us, manifesting diligence/eagerness towards you, for your sake, before God.
Paul rejoices for his confidence in the Corinthian's church
13 on account of this, we are encouraged upon the encouragement from you, (and) we rejoice exceedingly more upon the joy of Titus, because he refreshes the spirit of everybody.
14 For, if we had boasted over you on anything to Titus, we are not put to shame; but as we have preached all things to you in Truth, even, our boasting likewise happened to be upon the Truth to him.
15 And his inward affection/bowel is more abundantly unto you, as he remembered all your obedience, having accepted him as though with fear and trembling
16 I rejoice that in all things, I am confident in you.
No comments:
Post a Comment