Thursday, June 19, 2025

1COR Chapter 13

1Cor 13

SELFLESS LOVE in Christ, the greatest to every divine-Gifts

1 In case, I preach in (many) tongues/languages of men and of Angels, but do not have selfless-Love (Agape), I am generating echoes of clangings of cymbals or coppers. 

2 And in case, I hold on to prophecy, and know all mysteries, and all the knowledge, even in case, I have faith to everything, in so much as to remove mountains, but do not have Agape-Love, I am nothing.

3 And in case, we are feeding all people with our possessions, and in case, we could surrender our bodies (outside Christ), at least, to brag/boast of, but do not have selfless-Love, it is of no benefit/advantage (from God) 

4 selfless-Love is patient/forbear long; (and) kind; selfless-Love is not jealous; selfless-Love vaunt not of itself, does not puff up/exaggerate;

5 does not behave shamefully/improperly; not selfish/seeking after its own, not easily provoked/not hot tempered, not keeping record of wrong things,

6 not rejoicing upon wrong-doings/injustice, but rejoice together on things of the TRUTH;

7 cover over/roof over/accommodate all (the truth), have Faith unto all (the truth), Hoping for all things (of the truth), endure/forbear all (in the truth)

8 selfless-Love will never at any time fail (fall flat/drop); but whether prophecy, it will become useless; or tongues, they will stop; even knowledge, it will become useless.

9 because, from SECTIONS, we prophesy/speak by inspiration to you, and you know things from your SECTIONS (local assemblies);; [quote: 1Cor 12:27 Section is a local assembly)

10 But, whenever (you) come to completeness/FULL MATURITY of spiritual growth, things from SECTIONS will be become useless.

11 when I was a child (infant, who is yet to speak well), I preach like a child (nepios), I exercise the mind/understand like child, I keep record/reckon like a child; when I become a man, I render things of a child useless.

12 for now, you may be looking at it, through a glass as a puzzle/enigma; but by that very time, face toward face (no obscurity); moreover, you are to know things from here now in SECTIONS (local assembly); but at that very time, you would have fully-discerned, just as even I have fully-discerned (epiginosko). 

13 moreover, for emphasy, for those things to abide/remain, are these three things:- Faith, pleasurable-Hope and selfless-Love (agape), however, the Greatest (to all) is selfless-LOVE (Agape).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Job Chapter 1

Introduction :  The Book of Job is a historical-story, corroborated by a Revelation of what took place in heaven, and given to whosoever was...