Acts 22
Paul's defence before people in Jerusalem
1 ....Fellow-men and brethren, and for emphasis, the fathers; hear my defence towards you.
2 however, having heard that, he addressed them in Hebrew dialect, more silence was afforded. And he make his thoughts known:
3 I am a fellow-man, a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, brought up in this city, at the feet of Gamaliel, educated according to the exactness of the law of the fathers, Being a zealous subordinate of God, just as all of you are, this day;
4 who persecute this WAY as far as death, binding and surrendering fellow-men and women into prison,
5 as, the high priest will bear witness to me, and all the Sahendrin (presbyteries); from whom even a letter was received towards the brethren, and I traveled to Damascus, to bring those who were there, bound unto Jerusalem, at least to protect my honor.
The first Account of the visit of The Lord Jesus to Paul on the challenges of thorns in the flesh
6 Moreover, it happens to be as I and the skillful ones are travelling, on getting near to Damascus, around midday, suddenly, a light shine all around me out of heaven.
7 and I fell down to the ground, and heard a voice saying to me, Saul, Saul, Why persecuting Me?
8 I also answered, who are you Lord? And He said to me, I am Jesus the Nazarene, Whom you are persecuting.
9 Also those who are with me, indeed look closely at the light; but did not hear the voice, preaching to me.
10 so, I said, what shalI I do, Lord? The Lord also says to me, stand up and go to Damascus, and there, it will be preached to you, concerning all things which have been assigned for you to do.
11 as, I could not see things from the glory of that light, I was led by hand of those who accompany me to go to Damascus.
12 Moreover, a certain Ananias, testified to be a devout man, with respect to law, by all Jewish dwellers, -
13 - came to me, and stand by me, saying, Brother Saul, receive your sight. And I can see him at the same hour.
14 he also says, God of our fathers, has handled you beforehand, to discern the Righteous One, even to know His desire and to hear the voice from His mouth.
15 for you will be a Witness, of what you have discerned and hear of Him towards all men.
16 and what thing is intended now? Stand up, and be baptized and call upon His Name and your sins shall be washed away.
The second Account of the visit of The Lord Jesus to Paul on the challenges of thorns in the flesh (Gal 1:18)
17 Moreover, it happened to me, as I returned to Jerusalem, making prayer in the temple, it happens to me in a trance (ecstasy),
18 I discern Him, telling me, speed up and get out in haste from Jerusalem, because they will not accept your testimony about Me.
19 And I say, Lord, they have stand upon it, that I have been incarcerating and beating those who have Faith upon You, in every synagogue,
20 even when the blood of Stephen Your witness was shed, I was standing by, consenting to his killing and watched over their garments.
21 And He said to me, Go, for I send you on a mission, far away unto the heathen-nations.
Paul, a smart learnt lawyer, knows who he is: a citizen of a conspicuous city.
22 However, they listen to his words up to this point, and lifted up their voices, saying, take away such a one from the earth, he is not fit to live.
23 and, they were clamoring, tossing off their garments, and throwing dust into the air.
24 the Chiliarch said, bring him into the barracks, and ordered to examine him by flogging, (Heb 11:37), at least, to acknowledge for which cause they were exclaiming this way.
25 Moreover, Paul said to a Centurion standing by, if a man is a Roman, is it right for you, as though you are suggesting/recommending a sandal-lace/strap to flog him without legal trial?
26 so, having heard it, the Centurion (commander of hundred), approaches the Chiliarch (commander of a thousand) and bring word to say, what are you about to do? For, this man is a Roman.
27 the ChiliArch also approached him and says, tell me, are you a Roman? He makes his thought known: Yes.
28 the Commander also answered, I purchased this commonwealth (freedom) with so much amount, but Paul makes his thought known: but for me, I am born (Free).
29 therefore, at once, those intending to examine him, depart away from him, and the ChiliArch also was afraid, having acknowledged that he is a Roman, and because he has been bound.
30 Moreover, upon the next day, and willing to know the certainty, and why he was accused by the Jews, the chief-priests and all the joint council were commanded to assemble. And Paul was loosened and brought down unto them even to stand.
No comments:
Post a Comment