John 10
Parable of a Good Shepherd and a stranger
1. Amen and Amen, I tell you, the one who do not enter through the door, unto the sheep yard, but climb up from elsewhere, the same is a thief and a robber.
2. But, the one who enter through the door, is the Shepherd of the sheep.
3. The door-watcher will open up to this one and he will call his own sheep by name, and the sheep will hear his voice and will lead them out.
4 And whenever he drives out his own, he will travel in front of all of them, and his sheep will follow him, because they know his voice.
5. However, they will not follow a stranger, but will run away from him, because they do not know the voice of a stranger.
6 Jesus tells them this adage; but they did not know what it is, which He preaches to them.
Jesus is the True Door for the sheep
7. Then, Jesus tells them again, Amen and Amen, I tell you, I am the door to the sheep.
8 all the people, as many that came before me, are thieves and robbers; but the sheep did not listen to them. (ref: Act 5:36-37)
9. I am the entrance door; in case any person enter through Me, he shall be saved, and he will enter in and proceed forth to find pasture.
10. A thief has not come, except at least to steal, and slaughter for sacrifice and to fully-destroy. I have come, at least (for you) to have zoe Life and to possess it superabundantly.
Jesus, the Good/Virtuous Shepherd and Pastor
11. I am the virtuous Shepherd. The good Shepherd who will lay down His Soul for the sheep:
12. A hired-servant, who is not the shepherd, whose the sheep are not his own, will see a wolf coming, and run away, forsaking the sheep; and the wolf will scatter them and be caught up (harpazo)
13 because, he is a hired servant, and he does not care about the sheep.
14. I am the virtuous Shepherd; I know those who are mine, and mine know Me.
15 just as the FATHER knows Me, and I know the FATHER; I will lay My Soul down for the sheep.
16. And I have other sheep, which are not from this fold/yard; they must be brought to Me likewise and listen to My voice; and become one Flock of one SHEPHERD.
17. By this reason, the FATHER selflessly loves Me, for I lay down My Soul, at least to receive the same Soul again.
18. No man take IT away from Me, but I lay IT down out of My own Self. I have the authority to lay IT down, and I have the authority to receive IT again. I have received this injunction from My FATHER.
19 A schism again happens within the Jews, through this words;
20. Many also from them say, He has demon, and is insane; why are you listening to Him?
21 others say, these are not the utterances of a demon possessed man. Can demon ever open up a blind eyes?
The Good Shepherd knows His Sheep (during 8 days feast from 25th of Chislev (mid-December)).
22 It happens to be a feast of inauguration/renewal (egkainia-dedication after Antiochian interruption) at this time, it is rainy season (winter) in Jerusalem.
23. And Jesus walks around in the temple, in the gallery of Solomon.
24. Then the Jews surround Him, and tell Him, till when will our souls be lifted? Tell us frankly, If you are the Christ.
25 Jesus answers them, I have talked to you and you did not believe. Even the works/deeds which I have done in the Name (authority) of My FATHER, these had testified about Me.
26. But, you have not believed, because you are not of My sheep.
27. My sheep will listen to My voice, and they will follow Me, and I will absolutely know them;
28 and I will give them eternal Life; and they will never perish unto the ages, and no person will catch/seize (harpazo) them out of My Hand.
29 My FATHER WHO has given them to Me, is the GREATEST of all; and no man can snatch them out of the FATHER's Hand.
30. it is one same thing to Me and the FATHER
They want to stone and arrest Jesus
31 the Jews then carry stones again, at least to stone Him.
32 Jesus responds to them, I have shown you many good deeds, from the FATHER; for which of the same works did you stone Me?
33. the Jews answers Him, we will not stone You for a virtuous deeds, but, for blasphemy, and that You, being a Man, do things of God on Your own.
34. Jesus answers them, is it not written in your law that, I said you are mighty ones/leaders (elohim)? (Ps 82:6)
35 If the same people towards whom the words of God was said, happened to break the scripture of God, you CAN not.
36. How will you say of Whom, the FATHER has made Holy/consecrated and sent into the world, to have blasphemed, because I said, I am the Son of God?
37. Do not believe Me, If I am not doing the works/deeds of My FATHER.
38. And, if you do not believe Me, believe the works/deeds I do, at least, you will absolutely know, even (as I) know, that the FATHER is in Me, and I am in the FATHER.
39. Then, they seek to arrest Him again, and He proceeds out of their hands.
Believers across Jordan now believes Jesus through the former preaching of John.
40. And He went away again across the Jordan, unto the place where John was baptizing at first, and He dwell there.
41. And many people are coming towards Him, saying indeed, John did no miracle; but all things, as much as John has spoken about This Man, was true.
42. And many have faith unto Him, there.
No comments:
Post a Comment