John 13
Devil is the one that throws evil thoughts into the heart of man
@ Tuesday night of the 3rd and last Passover celebrated by Jesus Christ
1. Moreover, prior to the feast of Passover, Jesus was aware that His hour is coming, at least, to depart from this world towards the FATHER. He selflessly loves His own, who are in the world and will selflessly-love them, unto the uttermost end.
2. And there happens to be a supper, and devil already throws into the heart of Judah Iscariote (son of) Simon (the Pharisee of Lk 7:40), at least to betray Him,
3. Having known that, FATHER has given all things into His hands, and that He proceeded away from God and will go towards God,
4. He rises up from the supper, and place aside the dress, and take apron to gird Himself tightly.
The Teacher demonstrated humility by example
5. Afterwards, He pour water into a basin, and begin to perform ablution on the feet of the disciples, and to wipe them dry, with the apron by which He was girded.
6. Then, as He came towards Simon-Peter, he tells the Lord, are You the One to wash my feet?
7. Jesus answers and tells Him, you are not aware of what I have been doing, but from now, and in the midst of these things, you shall absolutely know.
8. Peter tells Him, You shall never unto ages wash my feet. Jesus answers Him, in case, I don't wash you, you have no portion with Me.
9. Simon-Peter tells Him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and head.
10. Jesus tells him, the one who has bathed, has no need to perform ablution except his feet. But, for you to be clean, you should be clean every whit, but not everybody indeed.
11. For He was aware of the one who will betray Him; and because of that, He said you are not all clean.
12. Then, when He cleansed their feet, and take His dress, and sit down again, He tells them, do you know what I did?
13. You call Me, Teacher and Lord, and it is well spoken, for so I am.
14. If then I, the Lord and Teacher, wash your feet, even you must wash the feet of one another.
15. For, I have given you an example, at least, just as I have done to you, even you should do.
16. So be it, Amen, I tell you, a servant is not great to his lord, not even an apostle (the sent), great to the one who dispatch him (on a mission).
17. If you know this, and in case you do it, you will be supremely blessed.
Jesus predicted His betrayal
18. I do not speak about all of you. I am aware of whom I choose, but at least the scripture will be fulfilled: the one chewing bread with Me, will lift his heel upon Me. (Ps 41:9)
19. I tell you from now, before it happens, at least for you to believe whenever it happens that I Am.
20. Amen and Amen, I tell you, those who possibly receive whoever I dispatch, receive Me; Moreover, those who have received Me, received the ONE Who sent Me.
21. Having said this, Jesus was agitated and testified by the SPIRIT, saying, Amen and amen, I tell you, one out of you will betray Me.
22. The disciples look unto one another, being uncertain about whom He speaks.
John, a disciple that Jesus selflessly-love was in best position to ask
23. There is one who out of His disciples, reclining in the bosom of Jesus, whom Jesus selflessly-loved.
24. Simon Peter then signal to him, (and tells him) to ask, concerning whom He speaks (who could he possibly be)?
25. The same person thus, fall back upon the chest of Jesus, and ask Him, Lord, who is he?
26. Therefore, Jesus answers; the person to whom I will give, upon dipping/wetting a mouthful of bread, therefore, He dipped/wet the mouthful of bread, and takes it and give it to Judah Iscariote, (son of) Simeon.
27. And, at a time amid the sop, satan enters into this person. Then, Jesus tells him, what is to be done, do it quickly.
28. But, no one sitting at the meal, absolutely know this thing, and towards what He spoke to him;
29. For certain persons think, since Judah is holding the purse, that Jesus told him, to buy the things which they have need of, unto the feast; or to give at least something to the poor.
30. Then, having received the sop, the same person went out immediately; however, it was night. (of Tuesday) (to be continued in chapter 18)
A new covenant law from Jesus Christ (@ the Last supper of Jesus)
31. When, he went away, Jesus says, now, the Son will be esteemed glorious by men and God will be glorified/magnified in Him.
32. If God will be glorified in Him, even God will immediately glorified Him in HIMSELF, for HIM to be glorified
33. Little children (new Christ believers), I will still be with you for a little while; and just as I said to the Jews, even I tell you this, you will seek Me from now, but where I go hence, you will not be able to come;
34. I will give you a New-age Injunction (Mandate), at least, selflessly-LOVE (agapate) one another; just as I selflessly-Love you. At least, even you should selflessly-LOVE one another.
35. In this, you will absolutely know, all that are My disciples, in case, you have selfless-LOVE (agape) among one another.
Jesus predicted that Peter will deny knowing Him
36. Simon Peter tells Him, Lord, where are You departing to? Jesus answers, where I go, you can not follow Me now; but you will follow afterwards.
37. Peter tells Him, Lord, by what reason and why can't I follow you from now? [I will lay down my soul for You]
38. Jesus answers, will you lay down your soul for Me? Amen and amen, I tell you, no cock will crow, till you will deny (renounce) Me three times.
No comments:
Post a Comment