Luke 13
JESUS warned; the type of death anyone die is immaterial, it is either your soul will be saved or perished
1 Moreover, someone present around Him at a time, tells Him about the Galileans, whose blood, Pilate mixed with their sacrifices.
2 And He answers and tells them, do you think that these Galileans, besides all Galileans, happens to be sinners, because they suffered this?
3 Not indeed, I tell you; but, in case, you do not repent, you all will be fully-destroyed likewise.
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom tower fell in Siloam (Jerusalem pool) and they were killed: do you think that these ones from all men dwelling in Jerusalem happen to be debtors?
5 Not indeed, I tell you; but provided you do not repent, you all will perish likewise.
Parable of a patient-farmer and unfruitful fig-tree (Mosaic law).
6 Moreover, He speaks this parable: a certain man has a fig-tree planted in his vineyard; and comes to seek for fruits on it, but find none.
7 So, he tells the vine-dresser, behold, I have come to seek fruits from this fig-tree, away from three years and I have not found. Therefore, cut it down. Why at least, it rendered the ground useless?
8 but he answers and says, lord, leave it even for this year, till while I dig and throw manure around it.
9 and if, it is about to produce fruits, it will indeed; but if not, we will doubtless, cut it down.
Jesus tells an old Woman with infirmity: be loosened
10 Moreover, as He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath,
11 a woman, who has spirit of infirmity for eighteen years, has been altogether stooped and not able to lift herself up unto full height.
12 However, Jesus saw her, He exclaims and tells her, woman, be fully-freed of your infirmity.
13 And He lays hand upon her, and without medication, she is straightened up, and she glorifies God.
14 Moreover, in responding, the synagogue-rulers were displeased, because Jesus minister healing (etherapeusen) on sabbath day; and tell the crowd, six days exist, in which it is necessary to work, therefore, come to be ministered-healing-to within them and not on Sabbath day.
15 then, the Lord answers them, and says, hypocrites! Doesn't each one of you on Sabbath, untie his ox or donkey from manger/fodder-crib, and lead it away to be given drink?
16 But, behold, this is a daughter of Abraham, whom satan had bound, for eighteen years; why must she not be loosened from this shackle on Sabbath day?
17 And this, He says to them and all those opposing Him were shamed down; and all the crowd cheer-up all the glorious things, happening under Him.
Parable of a very small mustard-seed growing big like the kingdom of God
18 Moreover, He says, what is similar to the kingdom of God? And to what will it be likened?
19 it is similar to a grain of mustard, which a man take, and throws it into His OWN garden; and grows unto becoming a tree, and the birds of the air rest in its branches.
The parable of rising-dough of bread and the kingdom of God
20 And again He says, to what will I liken the kingdom of God?
21 it is likened to a leaven, which a woman take and hide inside three measures of (kneaded) flour, where it is, till the whole are leavened.
Everyone should strive to be saved.
22 And He goes throughout the towns and villages, teaching and making the journey unto Jerusalem.
23 And, someone says to Him, Lord, if it were few people to be saved? And He says to them,
24 endeavor (agonize) to enter-in through the narrow door; I tell you, for many do not seek and exercise strength to enter.
25 and the House-master will rise-up, and shut the door, and from those standing outside, who will begin to possibly knock the door, will say, Lord, open to us; and He will answer and tell you, I do not know where you are from.
26 Then, they would begin to say, we ate and drank before You, and You taught in our open squares.
27 but he will speak, I tell you, I don't know where you are from; depart away from Me, all workers of wrongdoings
28 and there will be weeping and grating of teeth, when you clearly discern Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God; but you are thrown outside.
29 And they shall arrive there, even away from the east and west, and from the north and south, to sit back in the kingdom of God.
30 And behold, at the latter end, there are those who will be foremost (in importance), so b those who will be foremost at last (eschatos).
Humility is not weakness: Jesus never bow to a human-fox while on duty.
31 A certain Pharisee approaches in the same hour, telling Him, escape and go away from here, for Herod determines to kill You.
32 And He tells them, go forth, and tell that fox (cunning person), behold, I will cast out demons today and complete healing tomorrow and make it perfect on the third (day).
33 Nevertheless, I must have this day and tomorrow and depart/march on; for it was never admitted that a prophet perish outside Jerusalem.
Jesus felt sorry for Jerusalem
34 Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which had killed the prophets, and stoned those sent to her, how many times, I desire to gather your children together, in a mode, by which a hen desire for her own chickens under her wings, and it is no.
35 behold, I leave your house to you, but I tell you, you will never see Me, until when I will arrive here, and you will say, blessed is the One coming in the Name of the SUPREME God (Ps 118:26).
No comments:
Post a Comment