2Cor 12
Paul supported his mission unto Gentiles by the trance of Peter (Act 10:13, Gal 2:1)
1 It is indeed not profitable to boast. However, I must come unto Visions and Revelations of the Lord.
2 Before (my) fourteen years in Christ, I was aware of a man (Apostle Peter), such a person was caught up (harpazo) to the sky/heaven, who was not aware, whether in the body or aside the body, until the third time, God knows what I don't know. (Act 10:16).
3 such a person, should know whether it was within body or separately apart from the body, but God knows what men don't know.
4 For, he was caught up unto paradise, and heard non-explicit/non-expressible utterances, which is not lawfully-right for a man to preach (in public). (Peter's trance Act 10:11-16)
5 I will boast over such a thing, however, I will not boast over my own, except in my weakness/feebleness.
Boasting or no boasting: It is good to hear from the horse's mouth (biography can never be the same as your autobiography)
6 In case, I spare boasting, because, I don't want to be foolish; however, the truth will be said; because, someone will reckon unto me, what he take heed in me or for my sake, because he never heard something from me.
The thorns in the flesh of Paul and how the Lord Jesus himself exhorted Paul three times (the fourth time is for exit to Rome - Act 23:11)
7 And I will not arrogate self importance through the record breaking revelation, at least, not to exalt myself, the messengers of satan give thorns, to my flesh (his own Jewish race), at least, they slapped/buffeted me, -
8 - the Lord exhorted me three times, for the sake of stepping aside/departing at least, away from these ones. [(Act 9:4-6, Act 22:18 & 21, Act 18:9-10) (and lastly on the escapade Act 23:11)]
9 and I speak to you, the Grace is sufficient, and because, my feebleness (weakness) ended up in miraculous deeds. Therefore, I will most gladly, boast more in my feebleness, at least for the power of Christ to tent/rest upon me.
10 by this reason, I am well pleased in feebleness, in reproach, in constraint/necessity, in persecution, and distress for Christ sake; for, whenever, I am feeble, then, I am a powerful one.
Paul reluctantly continues his boasting....
11 you compel me to become foolish/unthoughtful; because, for Apostle sake, no man is even inferior, for even if I am not even one, I must be recommended under you.
12 the signs of an Apostle were indeed worked out among you in all cheerful endurance; in addition to the signs are wonders, and mighty-deeds.
13 for, what is it which make the remaining churches to be put under/overcome, if not for the same thing, that, I was not numb/lazy to you? What an injustice is this for me to be granted forgiveness by favor!
Selfless-Love of Paul for the church is non relenting
14 Behold, should I come towards you a third time, because children ought not to treasure up for the parents, but the parents for the children, I will not seek your things and will not be numb/sluggish but, will hold on to those things in readiness for you.
15 but, most gladly, I will selflessly-Love, spend, and be exhausted for the sake of your souls. However, If you are more abundantly loved, why would you be on the worse?
16 moreover, I should have burdened you; but you will not take the trick/deceit of a cunning/crafty upcoming-workers.
17 have I ever sent anyone towards you, through whom you are exploited? They will never.
18 Are the whether at all the Brethren sent together with Titus exploit you? did Titus not walk in the same SPIRIT? Did he not exhort in the same step/track?
19 but, do you think, we have been preaching to you, in the past, to make a defense/plea before God? Beloved, all things are for the sake of your edification in Christ.
20 for, how will I not be frightened, to come and find you to be of such kind, I don't want, and how will you find even me, to be of the kind you don't want; we are never of quarrel, of jealousy, fierceness, and never of contention, defamation, secret detraction, puffing up/pompous and of commotion/disorder.
21 Never again, should I come, and be depressed towards my God for you, even to grieve for many who have sinned already, and did not repent over the uncleanness, even harlotry, and lasciviousness/incontinence, which they had practiced.
No comments:
Post a Comment